Sunday 25 March 2012

Exciting times!

In the back of Pear Shaped I bemoaned the lack of great brownie brands in the UK.  And then a lovely  lady called Lauren informed me, via the medium of Twitter, that Bluebasil do a pretty amazing brownie.  I have to admit I hadn't even heard of Bluebasil - even though they've won a Great Taste Gold award for their brownies last year.  Shameful on my part.

I wrote to Bluebasil and they very kindly sent me a package of treats.  Which really was amazing, as I had a shockingly hard week last week, but when I walked through my front door on Friday night, I was greeted by this:

inside of which was this:
and then THIS!
and THIS!
Truth be told, I would have loved them just on the basis of the beautiful packaging and the note alone -  I'm a sucker for nice touches.

But seriously, the brownies were outstanding.  Super squidgy, fudgy, mega-chocolatey.  I ate the white chocolate chunk brownie at room temperature and it was absolute perfection.  I let my mate Dave have a share in the classic chunky one and he agreed that they were amazing.  I almost saw a flicker of a look on his face that seemed to suggest they might be better than the ones I make but Dave is a smart lad, aren't you Dave?

9 comments:

  1. I have just finished reading your book "Pear Shaped" on my kindle.....amazing, had me laughing, crying & shouting at you "Sophie".
    Please please write another.
    Great recipes too.
    Gill :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, thank you! I aim to make people laugh, cry and get wound up, so I'm glad you did all three! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Stella!

    I read Pear Shaped a few months ago and loved it! I'm a health and fitness blogger (and novelist) and I would love to interview you for my new series of podcasts on writers and writing, if you would be up for it. Could you please email me: philippa [at] skinnylattestrikesback [dot] com if you're interested? Sorry to do this over a comment but I couldn't see an email address for you anywhere. Hope you'll get in touch and I'll give you more details then!

    Cheers,
    Philippa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just finished Pear Shaped in 2 days. Absolutely loved it, it was one of those books you don't want to end. I googled as you suggested and found this!! I found a recipe for weightwatchers brownies that are amazing for low fat ones, secret ingredient is apple sauce, it says to add chopped walnuts but I added chunks of Green & Blacks instead(not so WW Friendly but I agree with you-no nuts). You should try the recipe, google it!!!!!!
    Stacey x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? That is intriguing! I don't think I've ever had a low fat brownie though I could definitely benefit from a recipe...ate 4 peanut butter brownies last night when drunk :-( I shall look it up, thanks for the tip off!

      Delete
  5. Hi there, it's so exciting to see your latest book in progress. Tried to find your email address but couldn't so a comment will have to do.

    I recently finished reading Pear Shaped and just wrote a review about it which I'd love you to take a look at.
    http://sarahamyruth.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/pear-shaped.html

    My fellow bloggers have reacted in a really positive way to the review, so I'm hoping a few of them would like to read your book. I will be hosting a giveaway on my blog and wondered if there's anything you'd like to contribute to it - whether that be a copy of the book or a brownie! haha
    It'd be great if you could email me with anything, even a business card would be great.
    sarahamyruth@gmail.com

    Looking forward to hearing from you, and congratulations on your newest book! I'll definitely be buying it! Sarah x
    sarahamyruth.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hiya,
    I make some choc brownies at home, I have sold them once at a car boot sale and managed to get £2 a bag for them (I think they're brilliant but I'm probably biased lol)
    If you want some, just message me and I'll sort out sending you some x x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the brownies from Bread Ahead at Borough Market and also the ones from Cinnamon Tree Bakery, also at Borough and other markets, and they have a shop/cafe in Peckham. I have so many different brownie recipes I couldn't pick a favourite one! i like to sift icing sugar over mine to festive them up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Stella

    I just finished your book pear shaped. I loved it from start to finish. What an up lifting read... you truly are amazing.

    Kindest regards

    Carly Hopkins

    ReplyDelete